A crypto license is a legal document that allows a business to operate in the cryptocurrency field. There are regulatory authorities that issue licenses and are responsible for overseeing financial transactions in certain countries.
It is worth noting that every company involved in the cryptocurrency niche must have a license. It is necessary to guarantee that the entrepreneur is able to protect the assets of his visitors and works in accordance with the law. There are several examples of licenses that exchanges, wallets, and custodians need. The criteria for obtaining them often differ from country to country.
Securing a Cryptocurrency License in Europe
If you need to create a blockchain project and provide cryptocurrency exchange services in the European Union, you will definitely need a crypto license. This will be necessary in order to carry out VASP (Virtual Asset Service Provider) or CASP (Crypto-Asset Service Provider) activities in a particular European jurisdiction.
To date, not everywhere has developed principles for regulating and controlling this area of activity. In many countries, the cryptocurrency industry (crypto exchanges and exchanges) is in a gray area. Regulation of VASP or CASP activities for the storage of cryptocurrencies, exchange and the possibility of obtaining official authorization is available, for example, in such countries as: Germany, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Poland, Ireland, Slovakia, Portugal, Estonia, Czech Republic.
What Offers Can a Cryptocurrency Company Provide?
Below, we will consider some services:
Cryptocurrency to fiat exchange
The ability to make exchanges between digital assets (cryptocurrencies, tokens, etc.) and traditional money (fiat).
A transaction from one legal entity or individual where cryptocurrency is transferred from one virtual asset account or address to another.
Custodial wallet of virtual currency
The ability to provide cryptocurrency storage services using a certain technological mechanism, while retaining the right to dispose of assets and control them for clients.
ICO (Initial Coin Offering)
Financial services related to the initial placement of cryptocurrencies, tokens, etc. on behalf of the issuer.
As a conclusion, with a VASP or CASP license, it becomes possible to create both a narrowly focused service that allows the use of a custodial crypto wallet and a full-fledged, broadly functional exchange.
What Standards Must a Cryptocurrency-Licensed Company Adhere to?
Essential Requirements for Cryptocurrency Companies:
- Qualified Leadership: Leadership personnel must have clean records, with no criminal history. In some places, local residency may be required for top management.
- AML Compliance Officer: A competent Anti-Money Laundering (AML) officer is mandatory to report suspicious transactions and interact with regulators.
- Internal AML/CFT Framework: Firms must establish effective AML and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) measures, covering client verification, due diligence, transaction monitoring, and compliance with sanctions.
- Reporting Suspicious Activity: Companies must promptly report suspicious transactions to regulatory authorities, aiding in identifying criminal activity and sanctions evasion.
- Data Retention: Businesses must retain client and transaction data for a specified period, typically at least 5 years, as per local AML regulations.
Why Should You Use the Services of Professionals?
The experts at Prifinance can assist in accomplishing a multitude of objectives:
- Crafting a cryptocurrency exchange business framework.
- Drafting essential legal documentation.
- Ensuring full compliance with essential requisites.
- Offering guidance and assistance in taxation and financial strategizing.
- Conducting audits and internal assessments to guarantee business transparency and alignment with regulatory mandates.